All the things I do when I am avoid the things I have to do:
1. Surf Zappos for a pair of Birkenstocks that I could get into.
2. Listen to the How Did This Get Made podcast.
3. Surf Rebecca Minkoff for a handbag I can one day own.
4. Look at my RockythePug Instagram.
5. Surf Amazon for random things to order that I don’t need.
6. Job search on LinkedIn.
7. Surf Zoya for new nail polish color options.
8. Watch the Stranger Things Trailer for the umpteenth time.
9. Surf Alice + Olivia, This Is The Great and Rag & Bone for sales options.
Almost everything I do to put off doing things involves wishful thinking with a financial additive. Also almost of it occurs online. So there you go. Am I in need of retail therapy rehab? A computer break? A wilderness adventure? I think not. I just need to get to work.
Lady Olenna: “I’ve known a great many clever men. I’ve outlived them all. You know why? I ignored them. The lords of Westeros are sheep. Are you a sheep? No. You’re a dragon. Be a dragon.”
Bozoma Saint John: “That became the turning point where, O.K., I can actually use my knowledge of pop culture, running around these streets with my friends, knowing the inside track on things, to help inform business decisions.”
Elizabeth Peyton painted Angela Merkel.
Also Angela Merkel: “I can stare straight ahead, and not reveal what I’m thinking.”
Bras for the big boobed.
Squirrels in Prospect Park are getting sassy.
Okay this take on startups is funny.
And now have a laugh with Margaret Cho.